Vancouver Premier College of Arts and Science and Vancouver Premier College of Business and Management are seeking a Instructors for various courses within its General Studies and Business Management programs. Course openings will be for our Fall Semester starting in September 2023.
Vancouver Premier College is committed to fostering a learning environment where a multinational student body is taught the professional, intellectual, personal and practical leadership skills necessary to succeed in their chosen fields of Business Management or General Studies. Instructors are expected to teach in-person classes at our Richmond campus located at Lansdowne Centre in Richmond, BC. Classes will range from 2-4 hours, Monday to Thursday.
- Ability to work from a course outline, develop lesson plans detailing what will be taught and how the course material will be delivered.
- Timely completion of all institutional records (including grade and attendance reports, course outlines and lesson plans).
- Individual guidance of students where appropriate.
- Communicate, support, and follow up with students as needed.
- Be prepared, punctual and organized with class plan, presentations, and assignments.
- Follow, understand, and enforce academic policies and procedures that comply with the colleges rules and regulations.
- Create a professional, engaging, and safe classroom environment.
- Maintain and enter student assignments, records, attendance, and grades as per company deadlines.
- Assume responsibility for classroom preparation and planning.
- Assume other necessary responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the department director.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A master’s degree in a related field to course offering.
- A master’s degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) or in a related field (if teaching an English course)
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience teaching English for Academic Purposes (ESL) to adults at the post-secondary level (if teaching an English course)
- Experience teaching or corporate training in the related field is preferred.
- Demonstrates a high caliber of professional work and experience in related industries.
- Effective ability to delivering course content to small or large audiences.
- Dedicated to being part of a team and actively contributes to promoting a respectful professional communication and interpersonal relations throughout the college and in the classroom.
- Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking skills, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Highly reliable with the ability to work unsupervised at times.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada at our campus in Richmond, BC.