Learning Management System

Student Information System Login

All current students have access to our student information system called AmpEducator. If you do not have a login then please mail - be sure to inform your name and student number.




The following forms can be downloaded, filled out and submitted. Please note that fees may apply to certain applications. For other forms relating to Current Students please log in to ampEducator and go to Documents.

Academic Calendar

Student Services

Academic Consultation

Student Services Team provides students with direction, support and advice to assist students achieve their academic goals. Academic Planning and Consultation is available by appointment or drop-in basis:

  1. Retake Contract
  2. Universities Application and advisory services
  3. GPA calculation and consultation

To contact one of our Student Service Officers:

Michael Wang
Student Services

Rainy Shan
Student Services

Fei Jing
Student Services

Academic Planning

We offer appointments and drop-ins for students wishing to meet one-on-one with a Student Services Office for acadmic planning and support.


Student Services Team assists students with student life initiatives to ensure a positive student learning and VPC experience through different student activities, we provide opportunities for students to socialize with their peers, develop leadership skills and life skills. VPC organizes year-round activities for our students. These may include social events, outings, “Top Chef” cooking demonstrations, Online karaoke contests, photography contests, practice workshops, seasonal festivities and much more.

For more information, please visit Student Activities.

Asking For Leave / Add & Drop

Any student who wishes to take leave is required to submit an Application for Leave. This form must be submitted a minimum of two weeks in advance of the cycle start date. Please note that the maximum amount of time off is one cycle per year.

  1. Application For Leave Form
    A class rescheduling fee of $50 is applicable to all classes being Added, Dropped or Switched.
  2. Course Add / Drop Form

To contact one of our Student Service Officers:

Michael Wang
Student Services

Rainy Shan
Student Services

Fei Jing
Student Services


VPC welcomes feedback from our current students. If you have any issues, concerns, complaints, suggestions or anything you would like to share in confidence, then please send an email to

Personal Counselling

Individual counselling service is provided to students to enhance their personal development and capabilities in handling their personal issues in social, psychological, financial and other aspects. All information shared with the Student Services Officers will be kept in strict confidence. Students in need are encouraged to approach the Student Services Officers for help.

To contact one of our Student Service Officers:

Michael Wang
Student Services

Rainy Shan
Student Services

Fei Jing
Student Services


Course Registration

Registration is the process of formally assigning and recording the enrolment of a student usually in a course(s), or in a program(s). Registration is available only to those students who have been accepted by the College for admission, for re-admission or for continuing from one semester to the next, and whose statement of grades indicates eligibility to continue.

Credit Transfer Process

Students who have attended a post-secondary institute other than our Colleges may be eligible to transfer some credits toward our diploma/certificate programs. Our Colleges accept transfer credits from colleges and universities in B.C., Canada and elsewhere. In general, transfer credit is permitted for courses completed with a minimum C- grade (or equivalent in the institute’s grading system) to a maximum of 50% of the credits toward a diploma/certificate program. Transferred credits will be counted into the total credits earned at our Colleges but will not be calculated into the overall GPA on the transcripts.

General Appeals

Students must attempt informal resolution with the involved individual prior to proceeding with a formal appeal. If informal resolution is not successful, the student should obtain a General Appeals Form and submit it in full to the relevant College responsibility center. The procedure for a formal appeal is found in the Student Handbook.


Evaluation criteria for each course are shown on course outlines, which are distributed at the beginning of each cycle by the instructors. Evaluation criteria (e.g. participation, quiz scores, projects, presentations) have their own value or weight towards the final grade. Letter grades for each course taken are assigned based on the percentage achieved by weighing the evaluation criteria as indicated on the course outlines. Our Colleges utilize the Alpha Grading Scale. You are assigned a final letter grade when you complete a course. Each grade corresponds to a grade point value.

Requests for letters and transcripts

Currently our in-person services are unavailable due to the pandemic. Please send your request by email to: Your documents will be issued within 48 hours via email. Cost for an Official Transcript is $10.00. Please fill out the credit card authorization form and send it to

Policies and Procedures

Attendance Policy

Our Colleges expect students to attend all of their classes, to be on time and ready for classes and not to leave classes before they are finished. If a student is unable to attend classes, he/she is required to inform our College in advance. In the event of an unexpected delay or absence, please notify our College immediately. If students need to leave class early, they will receive a “late” or “absent” on their attendance record. How this will be recorded will ultimately be up to the course instructor.

We understand that life can sometimes get in the way. However, excessive lates or absences will not be tolerated and will thus be reflected in the Participation portion of your grades. Students should also be aware that attendances are tracked and the records will be submitted to PTIB, student loan regulator, ESDC (Employment and Social Development Canada), and/or IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) as required. Excessive absences will cause your student loans or funding to be defaulted or your study permit to be revoked. Additionally, absences and punctuality are qualifications for co-op and practicum. In the event of a delay or absence, please notify the College immediately.

Please note that the attendance policies may differ for those students who are on academic probation. For more details, please refer to Academic Probation section in this policy booklet. Please also note that the attendance polices may differ for non-credit courses. Please follow the policies specified in the course outlines handed out by your instructor.

Students should be reminded that by simply stop attending does not constitute withdrawal. An official withdrawal is only valid and effective from the date a Course Add/Drop form is received and approved by the Registrar’s office. Students who do not meet the class attendance requirements are required to withdraw from a class and will assigned a letter grade of RW (required class withdrawal).

  1. LATES
    1. Students are considered late if they arrive past the scheduled start time, and, at the instructor’s discretion, are required to wait until the first break to be allowed entrance.
    2. 3 lates will be considered equal to 1 absence
    1. If a student misses an hour of a class – either by arriving late, missing in between, or leaves early, then it will be counted as an absence at the discretion of the instructor.
    2. Students are allowed a maximum of 4 absences (including sick days and excused absences) per 3-credit course – a 5th absence will result in a Required Withdrawal.
    3. Students are required to provide a doctor’s note or other documentation at the discretion of the course instructor to make up missed assignments, tests, quizzes, or projects while they were away.
    4. Students who are receiving student loans and miss 2 consecutive weeks will be withdrawn from student loan.
    5. Students who do not attend the College for an extended period of time will be dismissed from the College. See Deferring Enrollment and Dismissal Policy sections for more information.
  4. If a student will be absent from classes due to illness, he/she should notify our College by phone or email beforehand. A doctor’s note will be required for absenteeism over 2 days due to illness.

  6. An “Application for Leave” form must be completed and submitted to the Student Service Officer a minimum of two weeks in advance. After receiving the completed form, the Student Service Officer will schedule a meeting with the student to discuss their academic progress and how the absence will impact their graduation date. If approved, students can take a maximum of one cycle off per calendar year. Class rescheduling fees will apply to all classes affected.

    If a student takes time off without our Colleges’ permission or extends their approved time off without permission, they are still responsible for all of the tuition paid/owed for classes that they miss during that time. No refunds or tuition credits will be issued for courses missed during unexcused absences.

    We appreciate students calling to inform their instructors of any unexpected lates or absences, sick days, or vocational planned absences, but this will usually not affect the above policies. These missed sessions will still count towards your overall course attendance record and might affect your grades.

    All students are expected to abide by our Colleges’ Attendance Policy. Final decisions with respect to a student’s status will be at the discretion of the Director of Education.

Dismissal Policy

If a student discontinues his or her program of study in any of the following cases while he or she is not yet expected to graduate, the student will be dismissed from their program of study.

  1. For any reasons stop attending classes for 4 consecutive weeks during a semester of study without notifying the College reasons of absence in writing
  2. For any reasons wish to take a break from their program of study but fail to submit a Program Withdrawal/Deferral form to specify their returning date within 30 calendar days of departure
  3. For any reasons not return to the College within 30 calendar days of their expected returning date after a planned study break or academic suspension without giving the College a written notice to specify a new returning date
  4. For any reasons neither submit a course selection form nor submit a Program Withdrawal/Deferral form within 30 calendar days of the end date of their existing student enrollment contract
  5. For any reasons keep extending their study break for over one calendar year and fail to provide evidence to prove that such extended break is beyond personal control (eg. pregnancy, military service, hospitalized, etc.)

In the above circumstances, the regular refund policy for students will apply. If the student wishes to apply for readmissions to the College in the future, he or she must reapply as a new student. See Fees section for more information.

Other possible grounds to dismiss a student:

  1. Failure to maintain adequate academic progress
  2. Excessive tardiness and/ or absenteeism
  3. Disrespect directed toward staff, instructors, or other students
  4. Threatening or intimidating behaviour that interferes with the pursuit of learning by others
  5. Cheating on tests/ use of another’s materials for grading purposes
  6. Giving false information to gain credits
  7. Failure to follow College’s regulations, policies and procedures
  8. See Standards of Conduct for Students section for other misconduct that may be resulted in dismissal

In the above cases, students will be dismissed only after following procedures have been followed and the student has not shown adequate improvement.

  1. An instructor and/or the Director of Education fills out a “Student at Risk” report with the student, identifying the problem and setting a plan of action. At this point, a verbal warning or advice is given.
  2. A follow-up report is made by the instructor and/or the Director of Education with the student. If the situation has not been improved, the student is then issued a written warning and given one more chance for improvement.
  3. If the second follow-up report shows that the requirements have not yet been met, the student may be expelled.

Final decisions with respect to a student’s status at our Colleges will be at the discretion of the Registrar. Our Colleges reserve the right to expel a student without prior warning for a criminal offence or action that causes harm to our Colleges, staff or students.

Dispute Resolution Policy

The following policies and procedures have been designed for the protection and interest of both the student and our Colleges. It is acknowledged by both parties (or representatives thereof) that the contents are read and understood and will be the basis of conflict and dispute resolution between the two parties.

  1. If a student has a dispute regarding the instruction, training, course content, scheduling, exam results, grades and other related academic matters, the student should:
    1. Discuss and try to resolve the issue with the instructor directly.
    2. If the student does not receive a suitable response, the student can make a written statement of the issue directly to the Director of Education of his/her program (or another person of authority at the College if this person is involved). He/She will meet with the student, request submissions from all involved parties (including witnesses), and conduct an investigation. The manager will then provide a written decision to all parties within 7 working days.
    3. If further action is required, the student can initiate a written appeal with the Director of Education or the other administrator, if the Director of Education is involved.
  2. If a student has a dispute regarding admissions, policies, tuition fees, refunds, and other financial or administrative matters, the student should:
    1. Discuss and try to resolve the issue with the Admissions staff member.
    2. If the student does not receive a suitable response or further action is required, the student can submit a written statement of the issue directly to the Director of Operations, who will meet with the student, request submissions from all involved parties (including witnesses), and conduct an investigation. The Director of Operations will then provide a written decision to all parties within 7 working days.
  3. If a student has a dispute regarding his/her practicum or co-op placement, the student should:
    1. Discuss and try to resolve the issue with the Career Development Executive or Co-op Coordinator.
    2. If the student does not receive a suitable response or further action is required, the student can submit a written statement of the issue directly to the Director of Education, who will meet with the student, request submissions from all involved parties (including witnesses), and conduct an investigation. The Director of Education will then provide a written decision to all parties within 7 working days.
  4. If a student has a dispute with another student, a staff member or manager the student should:
    1. Talk directly to the person involved in the dispute. Then both parties should try to resolve the problem.
    2. If the student is dissatisfied, he/she may meet with a higher authority at our Colleges who will then request submissions from all involved parties (including witnesses), and conduct an investigation. The College representative will then provide a written decision to all parties within 7 working days.
    3. If further action is required, the student can initiate a written appeal with the Director of Education or another administrator if the Director of Education is involved.
  5. Our Colleges encourage students to follow the above communication channels to resolve any dispute. In case a student, for any reason, genuinely feels uncomfortable talking to the staff and/ or faculty who are directly involved in the dispute, students may try the following alternatives.
    1. Admissions Executives – If a student has language concerns and feels more comfortable to speak in his or her own language, an Admissions Executive (or their designate) who speaks the same language can be invited as a translator to help with the communication between the student and other involved parties.
    2. Suggestion Box – This is recommended as the last resource for solving disputes. Only suggestions that have a name on them will be taken seriously.
  6. And Finally,
    1. The student making the complaint may be represented by an agent or a lawyer.
    2. If the student is or was enrolled in an approved program, is dissatisfied with the determination, and has been misled by the institution regarding any significant aspect of that program, he or she may file a complaint with the Private Training Institutions Branch (

Grades Appeal Policy

Students must attempt informal resolution with the involved instructor prior to proceeding with a formal appeal. If informal resolution is not successful, the student should obtain a Grade Appeal Form from the front desk and complete it in full and submit it to the Registrar’s Office. The procedure for formal appeals is as follows:

  1. The student will submit the appeal form to the front desk along with any supporting course materials, any relevant data that he/she feels should be considered, and the specific grounds upon which he/she is basing the appeal. The instructor whose grade is being appealed should also be specifically named.
  2. IMPORTANT: Appeal requests must be submitted to the front desk, accompanied by a fee of $100 for each grade to be re-assessed, no later than fourteen (14) working days after the pick-up date of the original statement of grades, according to the College calendar. Appeals received beyond this time period will not be acted upon.
  3. Students whose appeal is not completed by the end of the next registration period will register in the lower level course until the appeal of grade has been processed. They can, however, attend classes of the next level course pending completion of the appeal process. The refund policy will apply to any course dropped or added.
  4. The appeal request will be forwarded to the Director of Education who will deal with the appeal as quickly and fairly as possible by following these steps:
    1. Collect all assignments and related materials from the instructor to add to materials provided by the student. In addition, the Director of Education will obtain a written explanation of the student’s grade from the instructor.
    2. Direct two faculty members who are familiar with the course material to independently assess the submitted material within four days of receipt.
    3. Chair a meeting, if requested by any of the involved parties, among the two independent readers, the instructor, or the student. The purpose of the meeting is to clarify any questions that the independent readers may have after reading of all the data, and to provide an opportunity for the student and the instructor to speak relative to the submitted materials.
  5. The faculty members will then:
    1. Make independent judgments of all data assessed, including any verbal clarification (if applicable).
    2. Submit a written description of the final decision and the reasons therefore, along with a letter grade, to the Director of Education.
  6. The Director of Education will review the faculty members’ assessments and make a decision on the appeal no later than fourteen (14) working days after the appeal request was received.
  7. Once the appeal decision is made, the front desk will inform the student of the decision right away and revise the student’s permanent record if applicable.

Prior Learning Assessment Policy

Our Colleges recognize that not all learning happens in a formal classroom environment. PLA is a way to document that a student possesses the necessary knowledge, competencies, abilities and skills for academic credit for a particular course(s) in his or her program. Obtaining credit through PLA can be time-consuming and rigorous as the student will be required to provide a number of documents, as well as clearly demonstrate his or her competency with respect to the subject matter being evaluated.

  1. Initial Admission Requirements
  2. To gain credit through Prior Learning Assessment, a student needs to first meet the following criteria:

    1. Minimum age requirement: 20
    2. One year full-time of relevant work experience
    3. Gain admission to a program
  3. Courses Eligible for PLA:
  4. Up to 50% of the credits needed to graduate from a particular program may be gained through PLA.

For more detailed information about gaining credits through PLA and related fees, please obtain a PLA Information Sheet and Application Form from the Registrar.

Refund Policy

Respectful and Fair Treatment of Students Policy

Vancouver Premier College of Arts and Science (VPCAS), Vancouver Premier College of Business and Management (VPCBM) and Vancouver Premier College of Hotel Management (VPCHM) are committed to ensure that their learning environments promote the respectful and fair treatment of all students. The management of VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM will ensure that the learning environment at thes colleges remains conducive and helpful to promote dissemination of knowledge. For this purpose, the colleges have implemented the Respectful and Fair Treatment of Students Policy that will be applicable to all students, employees, management, alumni or any person representing the colleges. In case of an event, the colleges will take all reasonable measures to identify and eliminate the unfair treatment.

While on VPCAS, VPCBM and VPCHM premises or in the course of activities or events hosted by VPCAS, VPCBM and VPCHM the following activities and behaviours are prohibited.

Disruptive Behaviour
Generally, disruptive behaviour is any behaviour that interferes with the instructor’s ability to conduct the class, or the ability of other students to profit from the instruction. Such behaviour may take various forms. Classroom disruptions are rare. Instructors discuss classroom behaviour expectations with students in order to help students know the standard. VPC respects the right of instructors to teach and the right of students to learn.

Disruptive behaviour may be viewed on a continuum ranging from the isolated incidents of mildly annoying or irritating behaviour (which probably should be tolerated as much as possible) to more clearly disruptive, dangerous, and/or violent behaviour that should not be tolerated.

Examples of disruptive behaviour may include the following:
– Persistent speaking without permission
– Inappropriate use of electronic devices or cell phones
– Threats of any kind and/or harassment
– Poor personal hygiene
– Sleeping in class
– Entering class late or leaving early (without permission)
– Eating/drinking in class without permission
– Failing to bring necessary equipment or materials to class (pen, notebook, textbook, lab materials, etc.)
– Being unprepared for class
– Disputing authority and arguing with faculty and other students
– Grandstanding
– Physical disruptions
– Allowing another person to impersonate you and/or impersonating others

Dangerous Behaviour
This is behaviour that endangers the health or safety of students or VPC employees. This includes any conduct that could lead to the physical and/or emotional injury, or the threat of physical and/or emotional well-being of all persons at VPC.

Misuse of School Property
Damaging, removing or making unauthorized use of College property or the personal property of faculty, staff, students or others at VPC. “Property” includes, but is not limited to information, equipment, and resources.

Use or Possession of Illicit Substances or Goods
Students in possession or using illicit substances or goods will be immediately suspended or expelled from VPC, depending on the severity of the situation. VPC may also contact the local authorities.

Academic Dishonesty
Academic dishonesty includes, among other things, plagiarism and cheating, and is defined by VPC policy.

Plagiarism and Cheating
Cheating, which includes plagiarism, occurs when a student uses or tries to use materials, methods or assistance, which is not approved by an instructor (i.e. copying off someone else’s tests, “cheat sheets”, etc.). Cheating is a serious educational offence. Plagiarism occurs when a student submits or presents the work of another person as his/her own, either by copying text word for word, or using someone else’s work. It is not considered plagiarism when excerpts are used in paragraphs or essays, and the author is acknowledged through footnotes or other accepted practices.

Bullying is a form of harassment that includes intentional intimidation from a person to another in order to force compliance or assert dominance and intentional harm to the other. As a result, the victim will be distressed, less powerful or helpless resulting in a risk to the wellbeing of the victim. Bullying can be physical, verbal, or cyber harassment. Examples include: unfair and excessive criticism; unreasonable ignoring a student’s point of view; constantly changing or setting unrealistic targets for a student; undervaluing the efforts of a student; taking advantage of any power etc.

Personal or Sexual Harassment
Harassment is a form of discrimination that consists of unwelcomed words or conduct. In order to be guilty of harassment, the person engaging in this behaviour must know or ought reasonably to know that the behaviour is unwelcomed. Harassment may be accompanied by expressed or implied threats or promises of rewards.
Unwelcomed comments or actions are considered harassment which may concern a person’s race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, family status, gender, physical or mental disability, age or sexual orientation.
Sexual harassment is behaviour or comment of a sexual nature, which is known or ought reasonably to be known to be unwelcomed. Both males and females can be victims of sexual harassment by either gender. A consensual relationship, a gesture of affection between friends, or a guided classroom discussion dealing with sex or sexuality does not constitute sexual harassment. Sexual harassment may include, but is not limited to:
– patting, touching or other physical contact
– leering, staring or making sexual gestures
– demands for sexual favors
– unwanted sexual invitations
– unwanted questions or comments of a sexual nature
– display or distribution of sexual or offensive pictures or materials.

An act is considered discrimination when a student is denied a benefit, service, accommodation, facility, or treated less or more favourably than another student on the grounds of a personal characteristic or attribute, age, race, gender, religion, political belief, physical or mental disability, colour, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, family status, sexual orientation. Discrimination includes decisions/actions based on factors irrelevant to the matter at hand. Discrimination may include but is not limited to:
– words, gestures, actions or practical jokes, with the result of humiliating, alarming or abusing another person, distribution or display of offensive pictures or materials etc.

Reporting and Remedy
VPC will ensure that any of these activities must not occur at the College; but under any circumstances, if a prohibited activity occurs, the following outlines the process for addressing the activity or behaviour:
If someone is subjected to bullying, harassment or discrimination, he/she must bring the matter to the attention of the Registrar or campus manager of the College who will take immediate action to prevent further developments in the problems. The Registrar or campus manager will take all or any appropriate actions as a remedy and take mitigating measures to minimize the possibility of such events in future.

The College will ensure that the complaint or grievance process has been adopted to deal with in a professional and sensitive manner and will adhere to the principles of privacy and confidentiality. Details of the event will be recorded in writing and placed in the relevant file.

If the student is dissatisfied with the internal process, he/she may explore other legal avenues available in the BC/Canadian legal framework.

Good Neighbour Policy
Students are expected to conduct themselves as mature and responsible members of the campus, local, and any community in which the student resides while a student at Vancouver Premier College. As such, students are responsible for upholding all federal, provincial and municipal laws and ordinances, including those related to noise, traffic, parking, smoking and consumption of drugs/ alcohol. In addition, as responsible members of society, students are expected to foster an atmosphere that nurtures positive educational pursuits, the development of understanding and tolerance of those with different cultural and political points of view and an environment that encourages responsible behaviour in the community.

Smoke-Free Environment Policy
VPC is committed to create a working and learning environment that promotes the health and wellness of our school and community. This smoke-free environment applies to all staff, students, faculty and visitors to the school. No smoking areas include the patio, common areas, elevators, stairwells, parking facility, and within 30 feet of building lobby exteriors. Prohibited products include cigarettes, vaping (e-cigarettes), marijuana or the use of other similar exhaling devices. Any violations will result in suspension and a fine of $500 from the building owner and/or enforcement officers from the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority.

Students are expected to observe all city ordinances and exercise courtesy and common sense. Students should not obstruct the street, private driveways or private/reserved parking spots. For students’ own safety, as well as the safety of the community they live and study in, students must abide by all traffic laws and drive responsibly.

Sexual Misconduct Policy

Sexual Misconduct Policy

Vancouver Premier College of Arts and Science (VPCAS), Vancouver Premier College of Business and Management (VPCBM) and Vancouver Premier College of Hotel Management (VPCHM) are committed to creating and maintaining a learning and working environment that is characterized by respect, safety, civility and free inquiry. VPCAS, VPCBM and VPCHM do not tolerate or condone behaviour which contributes to a hostile, inequitable or an unsafe learning or working environment.

This policy applies to all members of the VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM communities. VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM believes that all members of its community have the right to work, teach and study in an environment that is free from all forms of sexual violence and misconduct. Safety and security are both institutional values and priorities and as such no sexual violence or misconduct will be tolerated. VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM expects all of its members to abide by all laws and VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM policies. Members of the VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM community who come forward with information about having experienced sexual violence and misconduct will be treated with compassion, dignity and respect, and, will be fully informed of their options for proceeding and the services and resources that are available to them both on and off campus.

Policy Statement
VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM are committed to treating survivors with compassion and recognizing them as the decision‐maker regarding their interests, regardless of whether they choose to disclose or report. VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM will work with all of its members and stakeholders to create a campus atmosphere in which sexual violence and misconduct are not tolerated, and, will provide accessible, timely and confidential assistance and support to survivors, regardless of where the incident of sexual violence and misconduct occurred, by providing detailed information which may include referral to community‐based anti‐violence organizations, counselling and/or medical care, forensic medical exams, information about reporting and recourse options, and, as may be appropriate, academic, work and other accommodations.

Responding to Reports
Student Services is responsible for responding to reports where the respondent is either a VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM student while Human Resources is responsible for responding to reports where the respondent is any other VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM member. External investigators may be appointed as necessary. Investigations and decision‐making are guided by the principles of natural justice. Evidence will be weighed based on reliability, probative value and relevance to the issues at hand. Investigations will lead to a decision and consequences will follow in those instances where sexual violence and misconduct is found to have occurred on the balance of probabilities.

Interim Sanctions
VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM reserves the right to impose interim (temporary) sanctions on a respondent on the basis of a report, prior to the determination of responsibility, where the reported sexual violence and misconduct significantly disrupts the learning/working environment. Interim sanctions must be reasonably required to protect the survivor, the public, maintain order, ensure safety of persons and/or property and generally prevent harm. Interim sanctions include temporary removal from a program, class and/or role, temporary access restriction, administrative hold and/or any other sanction, or combination of sanctions, that are appropriate in the circumstances.

Confidentiality and Privacy
• Confidentiality is an important principle in creating an environment where survivors feel safe to disclose, report and seek support. The information and records created and received to administer this Policy are subject to the access to information and protection of privacy provisions of the BC Personal Information Protection Act (“PiPA”).
• Accordingly, members of the VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM communities must take care in keeping information confidential unless advised otherwise by a designated legal authority or agency. The President should be consulted in all of these circumstances and will provide guidance with respect to confidential related decisions and next steps as may be required.

VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM will not tolerate any retaliation, directly or indirectly, or threats of retaliation against anyone who discloses or reports or who participates in a process that responds to a report. Members of the VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM communities who are found to have engaged in such conduct will be subject to sanctions and/or discipline, up to and including student expulsion from VPCAS, VPCBM, and VPCHM or termination of employment.

Statement of Student Rights

Vancouver Premier College of Arts and Science, Vancouver Premier College of Business and Management, and Vancouver Premier College of Hotel Management are certified with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training. Before you enrol at a certified private training institution, you should be aware of your rights and responsibilities.

You have the right to be treated fairly and respectfully by the institution.
You have the right to a student enrolment contract that includes the following information:
▪ amount of tuition and any additional fee for your program
▪ refund policy
▪ if your program includes a work experience, the requirements to participate in the work experience and the geographic area where it will be provided
▪ whether the program was approved by PTIB or does not require approval.

Make sure you read the contract before signing. The institution must provide you with a signed copy.

You have the right to access the institution’s dispute resolution process and to be protected against retaliation for making a complaint.

You have the right to make a claim to PTIB for a tuition refund if:
▪ your institution ceased to hold a certificate before you completed an approved program
▪ you were misled about a significant aspect of your approved program.

You must file the claim within one year of completing, being dismissed or withdrawing from your program. For more information about PTIB and how to be an informed student, go to:

Withdrawal Policy

Ceasing to attend classes or the College does not constitute withdrawal from the class or the College. Students who wish to withdraw must notify the College in writing by completing required paper work.

  1. Withdrawal from a Program
  2. Students who wish to withdraw from any program must fill out a Program Withdrawal form and submit it to the front desk. Please refer to the Refund Policy regarding withdrawals. We request the student also meets with the Director of Education for an exit interview.

  1. Withdrawal from a Course
  2. Students who wish to withdraw from a hospitality management course must fill out a Course Add/Drop form and submit it to the front desk. If the form is submitted after the first class of the scheduled course cycle, the grade of the withdrawn course “W” will appear on the transcript. Withdrawal from a course after the 10th class is not permitted. Please refer to the Refund Policy regarding withdrawals.

Work Experience Policy

Once a student confirms taking co-op, the student must also make an appointment with the Co-op Coordinator to go through an interview process. The interview is an integral part for the College to decide if a student can be accepted to co-op or not. The interview must be done before the end of the current semester. After the interview, the Co-op Coordinator will determine the student’s eligibility and notify the student his/her decision through a letter handed out along with the student’s semester report card.

To be eligible for a co-op, a student must satisfy the Co-op Coordinator with the following:

  1. Have attended co-op orientation sessions
  2. Attendance: Students must have a minimum 80% attendance record for all courses in their first semester
  3. Academic standing: Students must have completed minimum 18 credits and achieved a minimum 2.33 GPA from to-date
  4. Pass the interview with Co-op Coordinator
  5. Other soft skills will be considered, including attitude, excellent command of English, other language skills, interest in the industry and attire
  6. Students must also have legal working status in Canada before they may start their co-op work. International students who are accepted to take a co-op must then apply for a work permit & social insurance number

If a student is denied for a co-op the first time, he/she can re-apply once at no extra cost.

If the student decides to withdraw or the College withdraws the student from a co-op, the College’s refund policy will apply. See refund policy for details.

Co-op Work Cycles
If the student does not have a job secured before the following cycle commences, the student will proceed with classes as usual.

A student may be required to withdraw from co-op if he/she does not complete required tasks by deadlines set by the Co-op Coordinator or performs poorly at work and does not make expected improvement. In the case of dismissal, the student is required to meet with the Co-op Coordinator to discuss the reasons for dismissal. VPC is not prepared to continue the placement process and/or place the student for a second co-op position if it is deemed that the dismissal is the fault of the student. If VPC decides to allow the student a second co-op placement, there may be conditions set before the student can apply for jobs again. Also, the student will be charged another placement fee for the second placement. If a student is dismissed from a co-op job placement, VPC reserves the right to deny the work experience towards a student’s work experience requirement.

Diploma students who choose to take a practicum will complete a 200-hour practicum concurrently with their studies while certificate students who choose to take a practicum will normally take the practicum after completing their course components.

Practicum Orientation
All students who are interested in the practicum must attend VPC’s Practicum Orientation. This orientation is a pre-requisite for being placed in a practicum and will help the student understand how the practicum works, what the requirements are for being placed in a practicum, and what the expectations are during the practicum. The date for the Practicum Orientation will be indicated on the Course Timetable as well as the College Calendar.

Applying for Practicum
Just like Co-op students, students will have until the semester’s course selection (for the following semester) deadline to confirm their enrollment in the practicum program by completing a Practicum/Co-op Confirmation form.

Practicum Eligibility
The Practicum Coordinator will evaluate all students who choose to take Practicum at the end of the semester to decide whether or not they meet the requirements to be placed in a practicum. Requirements include:

  1. Academic performance: Students must have completed at least 18 credits and achieved an overall GPA of 2.33 or higher
  2. Attendance: Students must have a minimum 80% attendance record for all courses
  3. Other soft skills will be considered, including attitude, excellent command of English, other language skills, interest in the industry and attire
  4. Pass an interview with the Practicum Coordinator may also be required

If a student does not meet the requirements, he or she will meet with Student Service to discuss options. Students will need to pay their full practicum fee before they can be placed.

Practicum Discussion Group Class
All students who have registered for practicum must attend the Practicum Discussion Group class through the semester they are taking practicum. Students will also meet individually with the Practicum Coordinator on a regular basis for a practicum placement. The discussion class provides an opportunity to discuss practicum work and get advice or assistance. Attendance at these sessions is mandatory, regular attendance policies apply, and missing any of the sessions may affect the student’s status at the College and in his/her practicum.

We recommend students do some research early in their program to determine what department or type of hospitality business they are most interested in. VPC is responsible for placing the student in a practicum that best suits his/her abilities and interests. Students will not be allowed to find their own practicum placements.

There will be a maximum number of students placed on practicum each semester. Late registrants may need to postpone practicum. VPC reserves the right to refuse any student a practicum. Students who are not denied for a practicum or are not able to complete the practicum requirements successfully may choose to change their program of study to a program that does not require practicum to graduate.

Regular course attendance policy applies to the Practicum Discussion Group class. Students who violate the attendance policy will be required to withdraw from practicum. Students may also be dismissed from their practicum if they do not complete required tasks by deadlines set by the Practicum Coordinator or performs poorly at work and do not make expected improvement. Students who are dismissed from their practicum will meet with the Practicum Coordinator to discuss the reasons for dismissal. VPC will not find the student a second placement if it is deemed that the dismissal is the student’s fault. If VPC decides to place the student in a second practicum, there may be conditions set before the student is placed. The student will need to pay full fees again for a second placement.

The practicum will be treated as a regular course when it comes to refunds.
Students will be expected to adjust their personal schedules and social life during their practicum in order to fit the additional hours into their routine. Once students have been placed in a practicum, they will not be able to take any holidays or non-emergency leave from the position until the required hours are completed.



Lockers are availble for rent on a semester basis. Please see Front Desk for registration and payment.

Lost & Found

If you have lost an item then please go to Front Desk to report it. We will do our best to report any found items.

Student Access card

Applicable to the Richmond campus only. Students will be issued access cards for entry to the main campus and student lounge area, from the upper mall of Lansdowne.


The T2202 tax certificate is issued to students registered in eligible courses and programs used for filing income taxes. The certificate contains the amount of eligible tuition and/or fees paid for the tax year and the number of months a student was registered (full-time or part-time).

Please update your SIN number under “Profile” via student information system (AmpEducator) Before February 1. If you do not provide your SIN, you may be subject to a penalty from CRA pursuant to the Income Tax Regulations.

Important Dates:
– Submit your SIN number before February 1
– You can download your T2202 Form on February 28 from your student information system
– Students who studied in VPC after 2018 can download from your student information system.
– Students who studied in VPC between 2015- 2018, can send an email to to request his T2202 form with personal information.
– Students who studied in VPC before 2015 will not get T2202 form as CRA regulation.

Social Insurance Number – Overview
The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is a 9 digit number that you need to work in Canada or to have access to government programs and benefits. There is no fee to apply for a SIN.

A SIN is issued to one person only and it cannot legally be used by anyone else. You are responsible for protecting your SIN. Store any document containing your SIN and personal information in a safe place—do not keep your SIN with you.

SINs that begin with a “9” are issued to temporary workers who are neither Canadian citizens nor permanent residents. The use of these SINs is temporary and are valid only until the expiry date indicated on the immigration document authorizing them to work in Canada.

If your SIN begins with a “9”, you must update your SIN record to ensure that the expiry date always corresponds with the expiry date on your document from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada authorizing you to work in Canada. Once your SIN record has been updated, you will receive a SIN with the new expiry date. Your previous SIN (whether it is a paper format or plastic card) is no longer valid and should be destroyed in a secure manner.

How to apply
Apply Online:

If you are applying online, you must provide the following documents:

  • A primary identity document in an official document that proves your identity and status in Canada.
    If you apply online, the digital copy of your document must be clear and legible. You must provide both sides of the document if there is identity information on each side.
    The study permit issued by IRCC or CIC, and meets one of the following requirements:
                · Indicates the permit holder “may accept employment” or “may work” in Canada
                · Is supported by a “confirmation to work off campus” letter issued by IRCC or CIC prior to February 11, 2015

    Note: If you do not meet either of these requirements, contact IRCC to verify if you are eligible to apply for an amended study permit

  • A secondary document is an official document that confirms your identity.

    The secondary document must be valid. It must be a document issued by a Canadian government (federal, provincial or territorial) or be a foreign passport. The following information must appear on the document:
            · legal name (surname and given name), and
            · date of birth

    Examples of acceptable secondary documents:
            · a passport (Canadian or foreign)
            · a provincial or territorial ID card or driver’s license
            · any other government-issued ID

  • Proof of Address
    A proof of address is a document that confirms the address indicated in the online SIN application. A response to your request will be mailed to this address. The proof of address must respect the following criteria (redact any personal information not referenced below):

    – it must be issued by one of the following: a government, a company, an institution, an organisation, a landlord or an employer and be:
    · a document, or
    · an attestation letter signed by the issuer

    – it must contain the name (family name and given name) that appears on the applicant’s primary, secondary or supporting document.
    · if applying on behalf of someone else, it must contain the parent, legal guardian or legal representative’s name (family name and given name) as it appears on the their primary, secondary or supporting document

    – it must clearly show the applicant’s address and match the one on the online SIN application
    · if applying on behalf of someone else it must clearly show, the parent, legal guardian or legal representative’s address and match the one on the online SIN application


    · an envelope is not acceptable as a proof of address
    · correspondence from the SIN Program, such as a previous Confirmation of SIN letter or a rejection letter, is not acceptable as a proof of address
    · no SIN confirmation will be sent to an employer’s address, unless the client resides on the employer’s premises. In such cases, the document or attestation letter from the employer must clearly state that the employee resides at that address.

    Frequently Asked Question

    Q: In September 2020 I paid tuition for the Fall 2020 semester and Winter 2021 semester, how come it is only showing for the amount for September 2020 on the T2202?

    A: The official tax receipt or form you received from your educational institution will indicate the amount of eligible tuition fees that you paid for that calendar year (ie 2020).
    To qualify, the fees you paid to attend each educational institution must be more than $100. For example, if you attended two educational institutions in the year, the amount on each of your tax certificates must be more than $100.

    More information here: CRA