The Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data Analytics (PGDA) is a 10 course, flexible 30 credit program that enables PGDA students to complete courses in data analytics that are linked to industry certifications and address both immediate and future workforce needs. This innovative program enables PGDA students to gain foundational knowledge, insight and understanding of big data analytics as it relates to data and business analytics, networking, databases, cybersecurity and cloud computing as well as important employability and life skills including but not limited to critical thinking, problem solving, communications, collaboration, teamwork, ethics and legal issues.
The PGDA program enables students to complete a range of big data and business analytics, information technology, and cybersecurity courses that will help to inform their decisions regarding their future field of study and/or career path. PGDA students will also be able to select courses that will inform and assist them to develop expertise in database management and advanced data analytics that will enable students to develop a strong technical foundation from which they may pursue advanced study at the degree, graduate degree and/or professional level.
1. Completion of a degree, diploma, or, equivalent level of post-secondary education from a recognized post-secondary education institution in Arts, Science Business, Education, information technology or related discipline.
2. Be at least 19 years of age
3. Provide proof of English proficiency:
> Grade 12 or higher-level English course.
> High School English 12: C (or equivalent) from an English speaking country.
> University or College level English course (non‐ESL): C from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
English Language Test (only valid for two years):
> TOEFL: 68 iBT (with no individual score less than 16), 190 CBT, or 520 PBT
> IELTS: Academic version 6 (with no band test score less than 5.5)
> Cambridge International Exam: GCE O level C
> TOEIC: 700
> LPI: 4
> VPC English Proficiency Exam: 75%
> Completion of VPC ENGL 099
> Completion of AEL/ESL to an equivalent level
> Completion of at least 12 credits from a post secondary institution in Canada or where English is the principal language of the country and the language of instruction.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data Analytics is a 10 course, 600 hour, 30 credit program that can be completed in 30 weeks via in-class and/or online instruction which enables students to complete the course content and related requirements in the most efficient and effective manner possible. The 10 course PGDA program is efficiently delivered over the course of two semesters.
To graduate from this program, students must complete all program requirements including those identified below:
1. Complete a minimum of 30 credits.
2. Attend at least 75% of program lectures/classes.
3. Pass each individual course with 50% or higher.
4. Achieve a minimum program 2.50 AGPA.
Upon completion of this program the successful student will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
– Demonstrate technical knowledge and understanding of course content related to multiple information technology industry certifications.
– Communicate effectively using multiple communication techniques in a public setting and with co-workers and clients in the workplace.
– Use quantitative techniques including statistics, business and data analytics to advance critical thinking and facilitate problem solving.
– Identify and address various technical issues or barriers required to enhance the integrity of operating systems in an organizational setting.
– Analyze and resolve complex project management issues involving both technology and management of human resources in various situations.
|PGDA 502||Advanced Writing and Research I|
|PGDA 504||Database Foundations|
|PGDA 506||Advanced Databases|
|PGDA 508||Data and Business Analytics Foundations|
|PGDA 510||Data Mining|
|Advanced Writing and Research II
Python for Analytics
Scripting (Python Programming)
|PGDA 516||Big Data Analytics|
|PGDA 518||Data Visualization|
|PGDA 520||Big Data Analytics Capstone|
Vancouver Premier College
of Arts and Science
200-1338 West Broadway,
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 1H2
103-5300 No. 3 Road,
Richmond, BC, Canada V6X 2X9
Monday – Friday 9:00A.M. – 5:30P.M.