Hospitality Operations with Co-op Diploma: 16 months (60 Weeks)
The Hospitality Operations Diploma has been designed to provide students with a solid academic foundation from which they will be able to pursue advanced studies as well as seek employment in the growth oriented business of hospitality industries. The program integrates theoretical and pragmatic knowledge through expert instruction. The Hospitality Operations Diploma is designed for students seeking to achieve an academic credential, while also seeking employment relevant to their chosen field.
This program enables the development of skills necessary to succeed in the current and future workforce, while also addressing the skill shortages that are projected in the BC business and hospitality industry over the next decade.
The Hospitality Operations Diploma program prepares students to acquire many of the essential employment skills that are in high demand by business, accommodation and hospitality employers across the British Columbia economy. The Hospitality Operations Diploma program enables students to develop the industry knowledge, and skills needed in the current and future workforce and specifically as accommodation service managers.
1. Be at least 17 years of age
2. Have graduated from high school or apply as a mature student who did not graduate from high school but is at least 19 years of age
3. Provide proof of English proficiency:
• Grade 12 or higher-level English course.
High School English 12: C (or equivalent) from an English speaking country.
University or College level English course (non‐ESL): C from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
• Proof of four‐year undergraduate degree from a recognized institution where English is the principal language of the country
and the language of instruction.
• English Language Test (only valid for two years):
TOEFL: 68 iBT (with no individual score less than 16), 190 CBT, or 520 PBT
IELTS: Academic version 6 (with no band test score less than 5.5)
Cambridge International Exam: GCE O level C
VPC English Proficiency Exam: 75%
• Completion of VPC ENGL 099.
• Completion of AEL/ESL level equivalent to the VPC English Proficiency Exam.
• Completion of at least 12 credits from a post secondary institution in Canada or where English is the principal language of the country and the language of instruction.
The Hospitality Operations Diploma Program has been updated with the most relevant hospitality courses and content from leading researchers and publishers which include Pearson Canada and AHLEI. The current curriculum includes important contributions from business and management which have carefully been incorporated into the program to enhance relevance and rigor.
|ENGL 109||College Composition|
|TOUR 121||Introduction to Tourism|
|MRKT 100||Essentials of Marketing|
|HRM 200||Human Resources Management|
|RMD 138||Housekeeping Management
|RMD 133||Managing Front Office|
|FSM 149||Food and Beverage Services|
|RMD 280||Facilities Management and Design|
|BUS 201||Hospitality Law|
|COMP 120||Essential Computer Applications|
Vancouver Premier College
of Hotel Management
200-1338 West Broadway,
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 1H2
103-5300 No. 3 Road,
Richmond, BC, Canada V6X 2X9
Monday – Friday 9:00A.M. – 5:30P.M.