Hospitality Management with Practicum Diploma: 63 credits, 12 months (52.5 weeks)
Hospitality Management with Co-op Diploma: 63 credits, 24 months (103 weeks)
Elevate your career opportunities with the Hospitality Management Diploma. This program is an excellent way to launch your supervisory or management career in the hospitality industry. Graduates of this program may also transfer credits to higher-level diploma or degree programs at colleges and universities in Canada and Switzerland. This program can also be done with a practicum or co-op option.
1. Be at least 17 years of age
2. Have graduated from high school or apply as a mature student who did not graduate from high school but is at least 19 years of age
3. Provide proof of English proficiency:
• Grade 12 or higher-level English course.
High School English 12: C (or equivalent) from an English speaking country.
University or College level English course (non‐ESL): C from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
• Proof of four‐year undergraduate degree from a recognized institution where English is the principal language of the country and the language of instruction.
• English Language Test (only valid for two years):
TOEFL: 68 iBT (with no individual score less than 16), 190 CBT, or 520 PBT
IELTS: Academic version 6 (with no band test score less than 5.5)
Cambridge International Exam: GCE O level C
VPC English Proficiency Exam: 75% (Test fee: $25 CAD)
• Completion of VPC ENGL 099.
• Completion of AEL/ESL level equivalent to the VPC English Proficiency Exam.
• Completion of at least 12 credits from a post secondary institution in Canada or where
English is the principal language of the country and the language of instruction.
The Hospitality Management Diploma Program was originally designed by the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) and has been updated with the most relevant hospitality courses and content from leading researchers and publishers. In addition, this curriculum includes important contributions from business and management which have carefully been incorporated into the program to enhance relevance and rigor.
|ENGL 109||College Composition|
|TOUR 121||Introduction to Tourism|
|MRKT 100||Essentials of Marketing|
|HRM 200||Human Resources Management|
|RMD 133||Managing Front Office Operations|
|FSM 149||Food and Beverage Service|
|COMM 225||Business Communications|
|RMD 280||Facilities Management and Design|
|ACCT 100||Financial Accounting|
|ENGL 209||Advanced Writing & Research|
| MRKT 200|
|COMP 120||Essential Computer Applications|
|Food Production Principles
Managing Beverage Operations
|BUS 210||Organizational Behaviour|
|Meetings and Events Management
|FSM 264||Planning & Control of Food and Beverage Operations|
Vancouver Premier College
of Hotel Management
200-1338 West Broadway,
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 1H2
103-5300 No. 3 Road,
Richmond, BC, Canada V6X 2X9
Mon – Thu 9:00A.M. – 7:00P.M.
Friday 9:00A.M. – 5:30P.M.