HOSPITALITY OPERATIONS DIPLOMA – 8 months
With Practicum: 8 months
With Co-op: 16 months
In just eight months you will learn about key hospitality departments including rooms, sales & marketing, food & beverage and accounting. You also have the opportunity to obtain valuable real life work experience if you take the program with practicum or co-op. Learn hospitality fundamentals through the world-recognized curriculum from the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute. For 60 years, the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) has been the leader in providing training solutions that address the specific needs of the hospitality industry and Vancouver Premier College has added important Canadian content to this curriculum to ensure you are getting the most up-to-date and relevant hospitality education possible.
- Food & Beverage
- Front Office
- Guest Relations
- Spa Management
- Human Resources
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Have graduated from high school or apply as a mature student who did not graduate from high school but is at least 19 years of age
- Provide proof of English proficiency
- Grade 12 or higher level English course.
High School English 12: C+ (or equivalent) from an English speaking country.
University or College level English course (non‐ESL): C+ from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
- Proof of four‐year undergraduate degree from a recognized institution where English is the principal language of the country and the language of instruction.
- English Language Test (only valid for two years):
TOEFL: 68 iBT (with no individual score less than 16), 190 CBT, or 520 PBT
IELTS: Academic version 6 (with no band test score less than 5.5)
Cambridge International Exam: GCE O level C
VPC English Proficiency Exam: 75% (Test fee: $25 CAD)
- Completion of AEL/ESL level equivalent to the VPC English Proficiency Exam.
- Complete and submit the application form
- Pay the non-refundable application fee
- Submit the following documents:
- Official high-school or college/university transcripts and/or diploma (translated into English, if necessary)
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status(if applicable)
- VPC will issue the following:
- Official acknowledgement of your application (this does not guarantee admission to the program)
- A receipt for the application fee
- Student Enrollment Contract with statement of fees when the admission requirements are met
- Submit the appropriate fees and signed Student Enrollment Contract
- VPC will issue a welcome letter with further information on the College, and for International Students, an official Letter of Acceptance to apply for a study permit.
|ENGL109||College Composition||15 weeks|
|TOUR221||Tourism & the Hospitality Industry|
|ACCT260||Hospitality Industry Financial Accounting|
|HRM354||Training and Development for the Hospitality Industry|
|FSM349||Food & Beverage Service|
|RMD333||Managing Front Ofﬁce Operations|
|RMD380||Facilities Management & Design|
|MRKT472||Hospitality Sales & Advertising|
|HRM350||Contemporary Human Resources Management|
|BUS301||Canadian Hospitality Law|
|COMP268||Technology & the Hospitality Industry|
Each of above courses consist
- 3 credits per course
- 5 weeks of class
- 52.5 hours per course
Certification at Completion
- Hospitality Operations Diploma from Vancouver Premier College of Hotel Management
- Hospitality Management Diploma from American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI)
- Certificate of Specialization in Rooms Division Management from AHLEI
- Nine (9) Course Certificates from AHLEI
Note: Students must achieve 70% or higher on all the AHLEI core course exams to receive any applicable AHLEI certification.
Fees and Tuition
|Without Coop/Practicum||With Practicum||With Coop|
|Domestic students||CAD $8,290||CAD $8,790||CAD $9,190|
|International students||CAD $15,310||CAD $15,810||CAD $16,210|
Application fees will additional
Domestic students CAD $125
International students CAD $200