Without Practicum: 4 Months
With Practicum: 6 Months
Students specializing in the Rooms Division ﬁeld are trained for a career in the accommodation sector of hospitality. Graduates may work in hotels, inns, resorts, spas, clubs or the cruise ship industry. Typical career paths include front desk agent or manager, guest service attendant, concierge, housekeeping room attendant or manager, cruise ship purser, security guard, general manager, and hotel or bed & breakfast owner/operator. The Certificate of Specialization program allows students to concentrate on the managerial knowledge and skills pertaining to this particular ﬁeld of hospitality operations.
1. Be at least 17 years of age
2. Have completed Grade 10 or apply as a mature student who did not graduate from high school but is at least 19 years of age
3. Provide proof of English proficiency:
• Grade 12 or higher-level English course.
High School English 12: C (or equivalent) from an English speaking country.
University or College level English course (non‐ESL): C from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
• Proof of four‐year undergraduate degree from a recognized institution where English is the principal language of the country and the language of instruction.
• English Language Test (only valid for two years):
TOEFL: 64 iBT (with no individual score less than 16), 180 CBT, or 520 PBT
IELTS: Academic version 5 (with no band test score less than 5)
Cambridge International Exam: GCE O level C
VPC English Proficiency Exam: 60% (Test fee: $25 CAD)
Completion of VPC ENGL 099.
• Completion of AEL/ESL level equivalent to the VPC English Proficiency Exam.
• Completion of at least 12 credits from a post secondary institution in Canada or where English is the principal language of the country and the language of instruction.
The Rooms Division Management Certificate was originally designed by the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) and has been updated with the most relevant accommodation courses and content from leading researchers and publishers.
Vancouver Premier College
of Hotel Management
200-1338 West Broadway,
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 1H2
103-5300 No. 3 Road,
Richmond, BC, Canada V6X 2X9
Mon – Thu 9:00A.M. – 7:00P.M.
Friday 9:00A.M. – 5:30P.M.