An English-intense base of training in the ﬁrst two semesters prepare students whose ﬁrst language is not English to be successful in the program and develop conﬁdence with working in English speaking hospitality work environments around the world.
1. Be at least 17 years of age
2. Have completed Grade 10 or apply as a mature student who did not graduate from high school but is at least 19 years of age
3. Provide proof of English proficiency:
• Grade 10 or higher-level English course.
High School English 10: C+ (or equivalent) from an English speaking country.
• English Language Test (only valid for two years):
TOEFL: 34 iBT (with no individual score less than 16), 100 CBT, or 410 PBT
IELTS: Academic version 4.5 (with no band test score less than 4)
Cambridge International Exam: GCE O level E
VPC English Proficiency Exam: 45% (Test fee: $25 CAD) – The required passing score to enroll in ENGL 098 is 45%-59% and for ENGL 0999 is 60% and up
• Completion of AEL/ESL level equivalent to the VPC English Proficiency Exam.
• Completion of at least 12 credits from a post secondary institution in Canada or where English is the principal language of the country and the language of instruction.
The International Hospitality Management Diploma Program was originally designed by the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) and has been updated with the most relevant hospitality courses and content from leading researchers and publishers. In addition, this curriculum includes important contributions from English, business and management which have carefully been incorporated into the program to enhance relevance and rigor.
|ENGL 098||English Communication, Reading & Comprehension, & Writing I|
|ENGL 099||English Communication, Reading & Comprehension, & Writing II|
|TOUR 121||Introduction to Tourism|
|RMD 133||Managing Front Office Operations|
|ENGL 109||College Composition|
|MRKT 100||Essentials of Marketing|
|RMD 280||Facilities Management and Design|
|HRM 200||Human Resources Management|
|FSM 149||Food and Beverage Service|
|COMP 120||Essential Computer Applications|
|COMM 225||Business Communications|
|ACCT 100||Financial Accounting|
|ENGL 209||Advanced Writing & Research|
| MRKT 210|
|Food Production Principles
Managing Beverage Operations
|BUS 210||Organizational Behaviour|
|Meetings and Events Management
|FSM 264||Planning & Control of Food and Beverage Operations|
Vancouver Premier College
of Hotel Management
200-1338 West Broadway,
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 1H2
103-5300 No. 3 Road,
Richmond, BC, Canada V6X 2X9
Mon – Thu 9:00A.M. – 7:00P.M.
Friday 9:00A.M. – 5:30P.M.