The Advanced Diploma in International Hospitality Business with Co-op has been designed to provide students with a solid academic foundation to seek employment in the growth oriented business and hospitality industries. The program integrates theoretical and pragmatic knowledge through both expert in-class instruction and supervised experiential learning gained through a co-op placement. The Advanced Diploma in International Hospitality Business with Co-op was designed for students to gain relevant job related experience in their chosen field.
The Advanced Diploma in International Hospitality Business with Co-op will provide access to senior post-secondary education programming for students from both local and international destinations and will enable students to study in VPC’s supportive multi-cultural learning environment.
This program enables the development of skills necessary to succeed in the current and future workforce, including an opportunity to earn a valuable global certification in digital marketing through the Digital Marketing Institute, while also addressing the skill shortages that are projected in the BC business and hospitality industry over the next decade.
1. Be at least 19 years of age.
2. Proof of a diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary institution where English is the principal language of the Country and language of instruction.
3. Provide proof of English proficiency by submitting one of the following:
• Grade 12 or higher level English course.
High School English 12: C (or equivalent) from an English speaking country. University or College level English course (non‐ESL): C from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
• English Language Test (only valid for two years):
• TOEFL: 68 iBT (with no individual score less than 16), 190 CBT, or 520 PBT
• IELTS: Academic version 6 (with no band test score less than 5.5) or Equivalent
• Cambridge International Exam: GCE O level C
• TOEIC: 700
• LPI: 4
• VPC English Proficiency Exam: 75% ($25 CAD)
• Completion of AEL/ESL level equivalent to the VPC English Proficiency Exam.
• Completion of VPC ENGL 099
The Advanced Diploma in International Hospitality Business with Co-op is a 1,200 hour, 45 credit program that can be completed in 60 weeks through 30 weeks of in-class and online instruction and 30 weeks of co-op participation at either a hotel or related business. This pragmatic approach enables students to acquire needed industry skills while also gaining experience in their chosen job, career or field of employment. The Advanced Diploma in International Hospitality Business with Co-op is comprised of 45 credits, 30 of which can be earned through the completion of 10 courses while an additional 15 credits can be earned via completion of a 30 week VPC-supervised co-op placement.
|ADHM 401||College Composition|
|ADHM 402||Advanced Writing & Research|
|ADHM 405||Essentials of Marketing|
|ADHM 407||International Tourism and Hospitality|
|ADHM 409||Planning and Control for F&B Operations|
|ADHM 412||Business Communications|
|ADHM 414||Human Resource Management|
|ADHM 416||Event Management|
|ADHM 418||Essentials of Management|
Digital Marketing (Non DMI)
|ADHM 440||Co-op Placement (Work Term)|
Vancouver Premier College
of Hotel Management
200-1338 West Broadway,
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 1H2
103-5300 No. 3 Road,
Richmond, BC, Canada V6X 2X9
Mon – Thu 9:00A.M. – 7:00P.M.
Friday 9:00A.M. – 5:30P.M.