ROOMS DIVISION MANAGEMENT – 4 months
With Practicum: 6 months
Students specializing in the Rooms Division ﬁeld are trained for a career in the accommodation sector of hospitality. Graduates may work in hotels, inns, resorts, spas, clubs or the cruise ship industry. Typical career paths include front desk agent or manager, guest service attendant, concierge, housekeeping room attendant or manager, cruise ship purser, security guard, general manager, and hotel or bed & breakfast owner/operator. The Certificate of Specialization program allows students to concentrate on the managerial knowledge and skills pertaining to this particular ﬁeld of hospitality operations.
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Have completed Grade 10 or 19 if applying as a mature student
- Provide proof of English proficiency
- Grade 12 or higher level English course.
High School English 12: C (or equivalent) from an English speaking country.
University or College level English course (non‐ESL): C from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
- Proof of four‐year undergraduate degree from a recognized institution where English is the principal language of the country and the language of instruction.
- English Language Test (only valid for two years):
TOEFL: 64 iBT, 180 CBT, or 520 PBT
IELTS: Academic version 5 (with no band test score less than 5)
VPC English Proficiency Exam: 60% (Test fee: $25 CAD)
- Complete and submit the application form
- Pay the non-refundable application fee
- Submit the following documents:
- Official high-school transcripts (translated into English, if necessary)
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status(if applicable)
- VPC will issue the following:
- Official acknowledgement of your application (this does not guarantee admission to the program)
- A receipt for the application fee
- Student Enrollment Contract with statement of fees when the admission requirements are met
- Submit the appropriate fees and signed Student Enrollment Contract
- VPC will issue a welcome letter with further information on the College, and for International Students, an official Letter of Acceptance to apply for a study permit.
|TOUR 221||Tourism and the Hospitality Industry|
|RMD 338||Housekeeping Management|
|HRM 250||Hospitality Supervision|
|RMD 333||Managing Front Ofﬁce Operations|
|BUS 301||Hospitality Law|
|HRM 354||Training and Development for the Hospitality Industry
Each of above courses consist
- 3 credits per course
- 5 weeks of class
- 52.5 hours per course
Certification at Completion
1. Certificate of Specialization in Rooms Division Management from Vancouver Premier College of Hotel Management
2. Certificate of Specialization in Rooms Division Management from American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI)
3. Four (4) Course Certificates from AHLEI
Note: Students must achieve 70% or higher on all the AHLEI core course exams to receive any applicable AHLEI certification.
Fees and Tuition
|Without Coop/Practicum||With Practicum|
|Domestic students||CAD $3,880||CAD $4,380|
|International students||CAD $7,120||CAD $7,620|
|Student Service Fee||CAD $100||CAD $100|
Application fees will additional
|Domestic students||CAD $125|
|International students||CAD $200