FOOD SERVICE MANAGEMENT- 4 months
With Practicum: 6 months
In this program, students will concentrate on the managerial knowledge and skills pertaining to the food and beverage segment of the hospitality industry. Once completing this program, students will have the opportunity to begin working in the industry right away or to further their education. Students will have the option to complete VPC’s Hospitality Management Diploma course, thus allowing them to transfer to several schools within the public educational system to complete their degree program. They will also have the opportunity to transfer to schools in Switzerland.
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Have completed Grade 10 or 19 if applying as a mature student
- Provide proof of English proficiency
- Grade 12 or higher level English course.
High School English 12: C (or equivalent) from an English speaking country.
University or College level English course (non‐ESL): C from an institution where English is the language of instruction.
- Proof of four‐year undergraduate degree from a recognized institution where English is the principal language of the country and the language of instruction.
- English Language Test (only valid for two years):
TOEFL: 64 iBT, 180 CBT, or 520 PBT
IELTS: Academic version 5 (with no band test score less than 5)
VPC English Proficiency Exam: 60% (Test fee: $25 CAD)
- Complete and submit the application form
- Pay the non-refundable application fee
- Submit the following documents:
- Official high-school transcripts (translated into English, if necessary)
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status(if applicable)
- VPC will issue the following:
- Official acknowledgement of your application (this does not guarantee admission to the program)
- A receipt for the application fee
- Student Enrollment Contract with statement of fees when the admission requirements are met
- Submit the appropriate fees and signed Student Enrollment Contract
- VPC will issue a welcome letter with further information on the College, and for International Students, an official Letter of Acceptance to apply for a study permit.
|FSM 345||Food Production Principles|
|FSM 346||Managing Beverage Operations|
|FSM 349||Food & Beverage Service|
|COMM125||Hospitality Communications and Career Development|
|WRK 001||Coffee & Barista||15 weeks|
|WRK 002||Baking & Pastry||15 weeks|
Each of above courses consist
- 3 credits per course, except WRK001, WRK002 are of 0 credit
- 5 weeks of class
- 52.5 hours per course
Certification at Completion
- Certificate of Specialization in Food Service Management from Vancouver Premier College of Hotel Management
- Two (2) Course Certificates from American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI)
Note: Students must achieve 70% or higher on all the AHLEI core course exams to receive any applicable AHLEI certification.
Fees and Tuition
|Without Practicum||With Practicum|
|Domestic students||CAD $5,130||CAD $5,630|
|International students||CAD $7,290||CAD $7,790|
Application fees will additional
|Domestic students||CAD $125|
|International students||CAD $200